On cold rainy days like this, I just want to be on a couch with my comforter, holding a bowl of warm pasta while watching my favorite show. This zesty jalapeño lime meatball pasta is perfect for a night like this. Spaghetti noodles tossed in creamy jalapeño lime sauce combined with meaty meatballs and topped with cilantro. This italian meets mexican dish is deliciously packed with flavors yet so simple and easy to make.
Let’s talk about the jalapeño, I have been cooking this recipe multiple times and the spiciness heat is going to be slightly different every time. This also depends on the jalapeños that you get. In this recipe I use two jalapeños, and the hotness is just perfect. If you prefer the spice on the milder side, use just one. But if you like all things spicy, add as much as you like.
I made this recipe while we are in the stay at home order. Since I have a store bought cooked meatballs in the fridge, I said why not. Meat and spicy sounds good to me. I am trying to be creative with what we have in the fridge. Since this recipe is very versatile, it can be switched to any meat/seafood you like or no meat at all.
The end result looks like a simple meatballs pasta. But do not let that fool you, trust me, this pasta is packed with flavors, spice, creaminess and tang.
3 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
10 Garlic clove - chopped
2 Jalapeños - chopped
2/3 cup Cilantro - chopped
3/4 cup White Wine
2 1/2 cups Pasta water
1 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
2 tbsp. Tabasco Brand Green Jalapeño Sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Lime
1 Box Spaghetti (1lb)
- Start boiling the pasta
- In the pan brown the butter on the medium heat, swirl occasionally. After the melt butter change color to light brown color add olive oil.
- Toss chopped garlic, chopped cilantro, and jalapeno into the pan. Continue to stir them until the garlic turn golden brown. Add cooked meatballs then combine with the ingredients on the pan.
- Pour white wine, stir occasionally, simmer the wine about 5-10 mins.
- While the pan is simmering, scope pasta water from the pasta pot then into the pan then bring it to boil.
- Immediately after it boil, lower the heat down to low, add the rest of the ingredients: cumin, black pepper, Tabasco Brand Green Jalapeños Sauce, Worcestershires sauce, and lime.
- Drain the spaghetti then toss into the pan combine it well with the sauce then add more cilantro.