What’s better than a yellow smiley face cookie? A happy green avocado cookie! It is so cute to look at, fun to make, and delicious. These happy avocado cookies made me smile and it is a perfect treat for any occasion or a fun weekend family activity. Most of the ingredients I used are the items that I have in my pantry or can bought from a local grocery store except the Matcha powder. This is matcha flavored cookie, not really avocado:) Also there’s no need for a cookie cutter.
Follow the recipe below to make the cookie dough. This is how to make the avocado shape: use your palm to roll the cookie dough into a ball shape in two sizes; one small and one slightly bigger. Place the small one on the top and the other one underneath. Use your fingers to lightly press them down and don’t flatten them. Press the dough with fingers to try to blot out the line between the two parts. Leave some thickness. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Remember to have fun.
Then use the bottom of a 1 tsp to press on the dough to create a place holder for the avocado seed.
Now it is ready to go into the oven. Bake them at 350˚ F about 9-12 mins. This depends on how large or thick the cookie is. You can make them in any size you want. But I will try to keep it relatively close to the actual avocado size.
Transfer the cookie from the sheet pan onto the rack and let it cool completely.
After the cookie cools down I moved them onto parchment paper and started having fun. Draw the chocolate icing along the cookie shape and add a cute smiley face on it. Easy peasy.
The last thing to add is a chocolate ball a.k.a avocado seed. I used Lindt Chocolate Truffles as a seed but you can use any other favorite truffle to do this. Before placing the truffle use chocolate icing as the glue to hold the truffle and cookie together by adding a liitle bit of it onto the bottom.
I really enjoyed making and eating this cookie. It’s definitely going to put a smile on whoever you give it too. If you make this recipe, I would love to see your creation, tag me in insta or leave a comment below 🙂
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
2 tablespoon matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, matcha powder, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl cream sugar and butter together with hand mixer or a stand mixer. Add egg, beat it until fluffy. Then combine with the dry ingredients. Mix them well.
- Lay parchment paper onto the sheet pan. Now we are going to make the avocado shaped. Make two rounded dough; one small and one slightly bigger. On the sheet pan place small dough on the top and the bigger one at the bottom. Press the dough with your figures, try to connect the two pieces, don't flatten them leave some thickness. See the photo on the post.
- Use the bottom of one teaspoon to press on the dough to create a placeholder for avocado seed.
- Bake them at 350 F degrees about 9-12 mins. Let them cool after baked.
- While waiting for the cookie to cool down. Make chocolate sauce by combine all the chocolate ingredients in a sauce pan on a low heat. Stir until it became smooth. Transfer the sauce into ziplock bag. Cut a small hole at the corner of the bag then start draw the face and line on the cookie.
- Add a little bit of chocolate icing at the bottom of the avocado seed holder before place the chocolate truffle. This will hold the truffle and the cookie together.
- Enjoy 🙂